Big World, Small Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnarchistBarbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New member. :) I consider myself a perpetual beginner, as an aquarium hobbyist.

My "big" tank was a birthday gift 7 years ago, a 29 gallon Marineland kit. Still alive and thriving, but showing signs of neglect, I got really into it this year shortly before life was generally altered by the recent (human) pandemic, and did a huge overhaul of the 'scape, and restocked completely with new neon tetras, and some otocinclus and shrimp. The sole remaining long-time inhabitant is my clown pleco ("Teller"... his buddy "Penn", a dwarf long-fin bristlenose pleco, died about 2 years ago). I love this tank, and bringing it "back to life" properly is one of my "sanity projects" while I am working from home during "the lockdown" here in Oregon.

My second tank is a 10 gallon tank I set up after rather foolishly adding some black long-fin tetras to my peaceful community tanks. Thugs. :lol: After re-homing those, this is now my "shrimp tank" (neocaridina, blue varieties, a handful of snails and a couple otocinclus), which sits next to my desk. It's also a planted tank. I think I love the plants every bit as much as the creatures living with them. :)

So... hello. :D

Welcome!

Blue shrimp are wonderful and small tanks are great!!! (Really I love any shrimp!)

Reviving an old tank is a good feeling.

Welcome to something extra to do while you have "nothing" you can do, lol.

Back
Top Bottom