Brand new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthropoddi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry I didn't post here first, I had another question I was really stressed about :rolleyes:

My name's Oddi, and my username is a pun because until now I've only kept bugs. Yes, I am a bug keeper, and other arthropods, hence, Arthropoddi. I guess it's not really appropriate for a fishkeeping forum site, but I'm used to it, sorry :oops:

Right now I've got a 5.5 gallon and a 10 gallon both being freshly cycled for some future inhabitants. I really want a yellow male betta for the 5.5 gallon, and a pair of powder blue dwarf gouramis for the ten.

Later on I want another ten gallon with cherry barbs, and way later on I want a 55 gallon with a couple of Reticulated Hillstream Loaches, and way way later on I want stingrays.

So I've got a bit going for me but for now I'm starting small. I am prepared though, I've done lots and lots of research and I'm willing to put forth anything to make sure my fish are kept properly to thrive, so if you see me doing something wrong, don't be afraid to yell at me :hide:

If you want a specific Betta and cannot find it in a store you can try Aquabid.com. There are breeders all over the world that you can purchase from. Keep in mind that freight is expensive. I see that you are keeping the Betta and Gouramis separate...that's good.

I frequent aquabid to make sure yellow males are often on sale, so far I've had luck with consistently finding one. I don't think I'll ever be able to find a yellow one in stores around here, probably don't think they'd sell or something.

There's one I'd really like on there now, but there's only a day and a half left and that's a bit saddening because I haven't even begun the cycle on my tank yet.

Back
Top Bottom