Brand New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindyvenegas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI EVERYONE IM CINDY FROM CALIFORNIA. IM MARRIED WITH 5 KIDS FROM AGES 18 TO 11. SINCE THE KIDS STARTED SCHOOL UP AGAIN I HAD NOTHING TO DO, SO I GOT ME A 29 GALLON TANK WITH 4 DIFFERENT KINDS OF CORY CAT FISH A PLECO AND SOME GUPPYS. I ALSO HAVE A 10 GALLON TANK WITH MY BETA COUPLE IN IT AMD MY SON JUST BROUGHT ME :popcorn:A 10 GALLON WITH MINNOWS IN IT. WHY MINNOWS I HAVE NO IDEAL. I LOVE THE FISH I GOT I CAN SIT FOR HOURS AND WATCH THEM THEIR SO PEACEFUL AND BEAUTIFUL.
RECENTLY ONE OF MY GUPPYS GOT SICK WITH SOMETHING AND IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WAS WAD WRONG WITH HER. BUT OTHER THEN THAT THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME AND I ENJOY LEARNING ABOUT THEM. THANK YOU

I do not some are a yellowish gold color their really active abs can get snappy with each other and some are a Grey with black strip in the fin their more calm and stand offish. They all came from petco.

Those sound like Rosy Red Minnows aka Fathead Minnows. Can be pond fish. They can get a really peachy pink color, brown grey pretty much stay that way. They get odd thing called breeding bumps so you know. It freaked me out when I had them and didn't know!!!

No it is an odd thing that happens and they just get them mainly on /around their heads.

edit: someone said the tubercles are the reason they are called Fat Heads.

The link below is for an ancient thread 2011, and you shouldn't post on it but you can look at the pics and see some of the bumps on the golden fish especially.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/is-my-tank-ok-for-breeding-142547.html

Back
Top Bottom