Brand New many questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badlands25

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, Just put my deposit down on a 75 gallon tank with all intentions of starting a salt water aquarium.. I purchased with the tank a t5 halite hood with moonbeam bulbs. I would like to have a reef tank and my main fish is going to be a dwarf lionfish. Eventually I would love to put in some corals and anenomes. First off I have been told several different ways of starting off. Filtration.....I have been told that I could get a good protein skimmer and let the live rock and live sand act as the filter? Is this accurate? Do I need a canister filter? IF I do need both can anyone recommend brands with model #s. I have a few people that are willing to help but am getting different answers...Thanks for all the help

I would recommend 1 to 1.5 lbs of LR per gallon; sand will become "live" eventually so you don't have to spend the extra $ unless you want to. You could go with a HOB or canister filter or both.

Hang On Back filter; the Aquaclear is usually a favorite. And for a protein skimmer, I know the "Reef Octopus" is also a favorite of many.

Back
Top Bottom