Building a new home and need advice on building in aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deepfish Mode

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, We are new members and are looking for some advice on planning our aquarium. We are building a new home in Pacific Northwest (Vancouver Island) and wantto develop the plan we need to set up a tank in the 120 - 200 gallon size. It will be salt water and we are thinking of setting it up to house local species. We can plumb in a water line to draw ocean water and to discharge directly from the aquarium if this is possible. Please offer any advice or sites where we can find the info we need to develop opur plan. Thanks.

Murray , Hunter & Gavin
:lol:

WELCOME TO AA!!

I would not suggest using water from the shore of the ocean, there are many pollutants and other nasties that could end up in your tank. Also, if you are planning on taking fish from the ocean, you may want to check up on local laws.

Welcome to AA. Please post your questions in the appropiate forums. We will be glad to help. Again welcome.

WELCOME! Aside from the obvious hurdles you have to overcome, a local species tank sounds really cool! What kinda fish were you thinking?

Welcome to AA. Glad to have you here. The tank you are thinking of sounds fabulous. Do check with BC's Conservation office to see what species are protected and prohibited from removal from the ocean.

Welcome. How lucky you are to be building a home and able to plan for a built in tank. If I were you I'd go for the 200 gallon tank. Since you are just building you can include plumbing lines and for top-offs and water changes to make as simple as possible. In that regard there shouldn't be much difference to maintaining a 200 and 120.

Back
Top Bottom