bully boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldielockes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. I have a 38ltr tank,first timer and going well now
After 3 months. I got a ground sucker like a roache; orange.
Dont know what they are called but he is latching himself onto my
Goldfish. I can see scales missing; do i bring him back to the shop
Or is he overly hungry that hes protecting food? Advice please as he is bullying othets.

I have two. The larger was is the problem but have taken both
Out for now.

bully boy.

Can you give us a picture of the fish so we know what we are talking about? Welcome as well

Thanks, trying to upload a picture but its not letting me: will keep trying, just keeps saying enter URL// but its an attachment :(

Roaches.jpg

Thanks, trying to upload a picture but its not letting me: will keep trying, just keeps saying enter URL// but its an attachment :(

Use a service like photobucket or flikr and just link us to the uploaded picture. That's how I do it.

Also, a 10 gallon (37.8 liter) is too small for goldfish
Welcome to the forum!!!

You probably need to re home them all because your tank isn't big enough for them to go without stunting them. Bit I can't really say till we figure out what it is for sure

attachment.php
That looks like a CAE (Chinese algae eater)

Also, why is there no filter on your tank? Why is the water only half way up?

attachment.php
That looks like a CAE (Chinese algae eater)

Also, why is there no filter on your tank? Why is the water only half way up?

my 38ltr tank has a filter, this is only a TEMP tank I had to put them into tonight as the bigger one was chasing and sucking onto the goldfish.

strange, I was told I could have 3 gold fish in this tank - new to this accept the knowledge of fish shops :(

Ya that's too small. Most pet shops either don't know what they're talking about or knowingly deceive people to sell more fish. It's hard to find an honest LFS.

You should get rid of all your fish and start over with something more size-appropriate.

Maybe some Chili Rasboras
boraras_brigittae_m.jpg

Or some Mosquito Fish
p-89572-mosq-fish-22240.jpg

And some shrimp
Caridina_japonica_2.jpg

Tiny animals for a small tank. (y)

Back
Top Bottom