California fish keeper sad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT500

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First time getting into the hobby. Picked up a 130 tank. home depot granite rocks. Found granite rocks from my local canyon. Boiled and put into the tank. Found drift wood also from canyon and boiled 2 hours, flipped, boiled two more hours. Picked up plants from local pet store and petco. Currently eight Gupppys, one gourami, two angel fish, one longfin albino pleco, five rummy nose, one onion snail, two yellow rams, two Vernon blue rams.

Just added the rams today. Sad because my gourami and the coolest GBR have been fighting all day. The GBR will also fight the angel fish. Not sure what to do.

Try adding some cover for the fish..More wood ,plants or rocks.Even fake plants till the live grow..Pile rocks and make caves for fish to swim through and hide.
The fish fighting are trying to establish territory but there is no breaks for them to hide in and claim.It is one big tank still without sections for each fish...
Good luck ,rams and rummies should only be introduced to established tanks as they are not going to tolerate the tank cycling...

I agree, your gonna need alot more cover. Think of everyone of them having their own little place in the tank. And tall plants will help divide them. Just so they're not always seeing each other.

Good luck ,rams and rummies should only be introduced to established tanks as they are not going to tolerate the tank cycling...

Oh sorry I should have made that clearer. Tanks been running for maybe a few days over a month. Cycled it already

I'll try to get some more cover for the rams.

Back
Top Bottom