Canadian Eh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clowning_Around

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Everyone,

Obviously from the title of my thread, I am Canadian. Born and raised in a little town outside of Edmonton, Alberta. I got into the Aquatic Hobby back in early 2010, so I'm still fairly new at all of this. I started out my hobby with buying a little 6G Fluval Edge, with full intentions of starting it as a Nano Reef. But with some discouragement, as well as some encouragement, I was talked out of starting my own little Nano Reef, and talked into helping my dad start up a 150G tank as a Saltwater Reef Aquarium. From there I went on and bought my own little 75G tank, which I display in my bedroom.

Between my 6G (now a freshwater aquarium), my dad's 150G SW, and my 75G SW, we have seemed to have learned a lot about this hobby in a short period of time. But we still have plenty of things to learn.

My Dad and I have spent endless hours on many forums looking for answers to questions, or related problems that our fellow Hobbyists have come across. In the past two years, we have had a complete tank crash (150G had an electrical shortage, causing all corals to practically die off completely), my 75G fish tank had a spike in temperature causing some harm to some of my beautiful corals. But with all of that (plus much more) happening to our fish tanks, it wouldn't be surprising if it has happened to a few of your fish tanks.

With these experiences comes new ideas, better understandings , and an abundant amount of knowledge, and there is nothing better than to share them with people who are interested in the same things.

I'm excited to be joining this new community on Aquarium Advice, Can't wait to share some ideas, and learn new things.

Sara :fish1:

Welcome to AA! :)

Ouch on the 150... :(

Back
Top Bottom