Choosing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BristlenoseBoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a 50 gallon tank with lots of caves, plants and I have 2 internal fluval filters.
I was thinking of getting a raibow shark or red tail black shark with some peppermint catfish, some kuhli loaches, some type of schooling fish and I am being given a breeding pair of silver dollars and a baby gourami.

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or anything else I should know about keeping these fish together?

Silver dollars need a bigger tank than that as does the the red tailed shark and the rainbow shark will kill the schooling fish if the are some sort of tetra, and they will kill the Corys. It will not eat them just stress them to death. Sorry for all the bad news :(

To replace the silver dollars if you still want a silver fish 4 hatchetfish would be cool and u could keep the rainbowshark just monitor the aggression because people have kept to MALE BETTAS together before and they were fine! Lol lol lol lol

Besides the corrys you could do Otos best algae eater ever. keep them in shoals do them but no rainbow shark

? Maybe it's cause my red tailed shark is a sweetheart... But he gets along with my 10 tetras, 2 khulis, 1 Cory (more coming soon...!) and snails/angels/oscars

Maybe it's cause mine is a sweetie. I call him Nanny sometimes because he cleans the outside of my breeding net and takes care of my baby angels.

Thanks! I think i will put in 2 kuhli loaches, a raibow shark, some cory cats and maybe some glass catfish?

Hi, I have a 50 gallon tank with lots of caves, plants and I have 2 internal fluval filters.
I was thinking of getting a raibow shark or red tail black shark with some peppermint catfish, some kuhli loaches, some type of schooling fish and I am being given a breeding pair of silver dollars and a baby gourami.

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or anything else I should know about keeping these fish together?

Don't put rainbow sharks with corydoras. I hear Kigali loaches are very sensitive and rainbow sharks are very aggressive.

Will the class catfish go with the rainbow shark? If not what is a good fish to go with it?

To replace the silver dollars if you still want a silver fish 4 hatchetfish would be cool and u could keep the rainbowshark just monitor the aggression because people have kept to MALE BETTAS together before and they were fine! Lol lol lol lol

Hatchetfish are awesome, so funky looking. I just picked up 4 yesterday.

What about,

1xRainbow shark
1xAlbino bristlenose
3 tiger Barbs
2x pep catfish
5 glowlight tetras
3 congo tetras
5 black neon tetras
???

What about,

1xRainbow shark
1xAlbino bristlenose
3 tiger Barbs
2x pep catfish
5 glowlight tetras
3 congo tetras
5 black neon tetras
???

Rainbows are like Betta's, so can be docile other will be like Hannible an kill any an everything that swim. Stay away from tigers, they will also harass and kill anything. You new more Congo tetras to stock up with to 5.

If your looking for oddballs, take a look at the African BROWN knife, not black, blacks get huge. Also a African butterfly would be cool.

Hi

My friend just came over and gave me:
4 swordtails
1 bristlenose catfish
1 bronze cory
All of them are about 1 and a half years old but are still reasonably small!
I was thinking of putting some clown or kuhli loaches in with them, aswell as a male betta splender and some black neons and another catfish of some sort or a red tail black shark!
Any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom