Christmas 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarajo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well, i asked for a new fish tank for Christmas and got a 10 gallon tank/kit. I set it up and let it run for a few days and put 3 danios in today (2 leopard and one zebra) I have a test kit to keep an eye on the cycle so hopefully all will go well (I had a 20 gallon previously but left it behind when I moved from NH to CA) I also have 2 banana plants as i wanted to try live plants this time. I am sure I will be asking a million questions as time goes on.

Any suggestions for additional fish or plants will be appreciated :)

Welcome to AA! You should leave it at the fish you have until you are done cycling. Feel free to ask away. Get a test kit, one that tests for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates at the very least. AP makes a good test kit. Here is an example of it, Canadian site but you can switch to US site. Once you are done your cycle you can get more fish. Do water changes every second day at the very least. Good luck and look forward to seeing you posting on the board.

Oh and Here is a link to the nitrogen cycle and how it works.

I purchased some test strips a 5 in 1 and ammonia version, will those be enough or should i get something like the one you linked?[/url]

Back
Top Bottom