Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shazby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 300litre tropical tank. 2 electric yellows, one Oscar, one salmon tail catfish, 1 red zebra, 1 blue red zebra, 1 bristle nose, 1 mbuna, 2 Chinese algae eaters, 2 frontosas, 2 golden sharks, 1 electric blue.

My electric yellows had babies about 4-5 weeks ago and the 6 fry are in another tank.mlast night I saw them swimming in circles around each other (I believe spawning) but this morning the female was eating as usual. Hat does this mean and will there be more babies soon ?

:welcome: to AA!

If they are breeding then yes fry will eventually be everywhere if they don't get ate first. Other than that your stocking list ( sorry to tell ya ) has way to much going on and problems may come when they mature. I believe in trying to stay away from issues. Anyways ill see ya around I'm sure :)

Thanks Andrew. They are all adult fish and have been happy and active for a number of months now. But as you say that could change once they start breeding.

I was thinking of removing her and putting her in the tank I have her first lot of fry in that are now about 4 weeks old. Not sure when I should move her though.

Back
Top Bottom