Coral banded shrimp killing fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish4ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last night I added a coral banded shrimp and a baby queen angel maybe1/2 inch that I caught this morning my juvenile Atlantic blue tang was found dead and now my clarkki clown isn't looking so good all the other fish are fine besides my French angel that we think is in its color change he started getting gray dots and now he is all gray with yellow stripes so I was wondering if it was the shrimp or what the tang was fine last nightThanks

Yea the blue Atlantic is very high stress there minimum tank size is 75 gals I would assume not haveing enuf swim room is what did him in

Ok I have a 55 in cycle you think if I got a small enough one like around a inch it will be fine cause I have a1/2 inch queen angel in the 30 and he is tiny

You dnt want to put fish in tanks that are too small you need to do more research. Yes those fish stay tiny but to put it bluntly it's because you are stunting there growth and shortining there life span. The saying you put a fish tht gets big in a small tank it stays small is a lie. Fish produce hormones and when it's a fish that gets big they produce alot. When the hormone reachs a certain point your fish will get hole in head which is a number of open sores in the fishes face. the sores will eventually get so large ur fish will literally start bleeding to death threw the sores it is a very painful and slow way to die. Do more research on a fish before you go shovein it into a tank most large Angels need a 150 gal tank MINIMUM. I'm sry if I miss spelled or sounded mean but really tho more reasearch friend...

I'm putting him in a 55 in a couple weeks then if he outgrows it my friend has a 155 an she would love it!

Back
Top Bottom