Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Casas440

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any help on how to start a reef tank my tank is 2 years old no corals only fish and some live rock I don't know much about corals please help!!!lol

Well you should be able to start a few beginner corals just acclimate them and put them in. As long as your light is strong enough.

What do I need for Light and what corals sure I star whit?? Thanks

There's a few options. What do you have right now? I'd start with something cheap and hardy to start with just to make sure your tank will be fine with coral. Mushrooms and zoas are cheap and hardy.

There's a few options. What do you have right now? I'd start with something cheap and hardy to start with just to make sure your tank will be fine with coral. Mushrooms and zoas are cheap and hardy.

image-2778353044.jpg

This is mi ligth

Attachments

• image-3800216110.jpg
    image-3800216110.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 76
I don't know much about this staff I'm just starting
any advice ???

image-2750053275.jpg

My tank

I don't know much about this staff I'm just starting
any advice ???

View attachment 135079

My tank

don't take this the wrong way:cool:

first get rid of the green hair algae

you are going to need a skimmer
for sure

to rid all the green hair algae
get yourself a good CUC
Live Saltwater Algae Eating Crew | Reefs2go.com

you should also cut back on feedings

do a few big water changes

to help bring down the excess nitrates and phosphates
that's feeding your algae bloom

another way would be fill a pail with tank water and scrub your rock with a clean tooth brush than rinse in clean salt water

than after you get that under control ask about corals (y)

that big bloom is your biggest issue that needs to be addressed before you even think about coral

welcome to AA

If you can get all your bulbs to work it'd be better but those look pretty good. Not too sure what kind of lights but is bet they could grow most soft coral.

Back
Top Bottom