Crazyratguys setups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyratguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here in order is my 5, 8.5 and my 10.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421615478178.jpg
    1421615478178.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 1421615525219.jpg
    1421615525219.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 82
  • 1421615566846.jpg
    1421615566846.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 1421615610645.jpg
    1421615610645.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 99
Welcome! Nice planted tanks! It seems you're no stranger to algae;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks haha i do prefer a little bit of algae on the rocks, driftwood and substrate but i cant stand it on the glass. I managed to subdue the growth but everytime i beat algea i discover a different species in my tank. Its unbelievably prolific without the use of chemical remedies. It gives my tanks more of a natural look as long as it doesnt become overbearing.

Thank you:) In the 5 i have gold and regular white clouds, black and banded kuhli loaches assasin snails and rcs. The 8.5 has a male betta, rasbora heteramorphas, long finned zebra danios, peppered corys, nerite and mystery snails and ghost shrimp. The 10 has a threadfin rainbow, pygmy corys, celestial pearl danios, african dwarf frogs, clams, and assasin snails.

We have similar taste in fish! Love kuhlis, wish I had space for them...

I love your taste in fish, and those aquascapes are very nice. The algae on the rocks looks nice to me. I do harbor a concern that your tanks may be somewhat overstocked, but if your fish are happy I have no complaints. Do your danios not agitate your betta?

My tanks are definately full. I do two 40% water changes a week to keep up with the bio-load. Nothing bothers the betta except i made the mistake of getting only two rasboras and only 2 danios so the larger danio often chases the smaller one and the smaller rasbora and the larger rasbora also chases the 2 smaller fish. I think it might just be dominance because there is never any damage to the skinor fins.

I like the tanks . I did notice the algea on the rocks but I agree that it looks nice, IMO it makes it look a lot more natural and I like the softening look it gives to the rocks. very pretty. Alison

Gotta say that algae took in the first one is such a good looking Centre piece.....they all look really good

Sent from fish phone

Back
Top Bottom