Dia Duit a Chara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlosk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm totally new to the whole aquarium world. I haven't got a set up as of yet. It's something I am very interested in and I want to do it to the best of my abilities. I hope to gain plenty of advice and information from all the members on this forum, as well as researching some more myself before I take the plunge... so to speak...

I am aware that it can be quite expensive to get started, so I want to plan out everything I need and decide on what direction I want to take. I'm thinking freshwater.... so I suppose that's a starting point.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer..... hello all, looking forward to partaking in the forum.

Fingers Crossed
Carlosk

Hello all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm totally new to the whole aquarium world. I haven't got a set up as of yet. It's something I am very interested in and I want to do it to the best of my abilities. I hope to gain plenty of advice and information from all the members on this forum, as well as researching some more myself before I take the plunge... so to speak...

I am aware that it can be quite expensive to get started, so I want to plan out everything I need and decide on what direction I want to take. I'm thinking freshwater.... so I suppose that's a starting point.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer..... hello all, looking forward to partaking in the forum.

Fingers Crossed
Carlosk

Welcome to the forum!

Decide on what type of tank you want (community/community forused on X group of fish/biotope/malawi mbuna/malawi haps and peacocks/tanganyikan/south american/central american) before you start! There's nothing worse than having a community tank that you randomly pop exciting new fish you find at the LFS into. You'll run into problems or disease down the line. Always plan your whole tank out before you set it up. And remember to cycle before adding fish!

Good luck!

Thanks chaps....I've been researching quite a bit and I'm trying to take everything in, of course there's no better way of learning than getting stuck in and learning through experience, but I also feel that there's no harm in being prepared and having a plan.

There are so many choices to make and so many variations and options out there that I almost don't know where to start. I suppose I like the neon tetra to look at, so I guess that's a starting point.

I'm looking forward to this and I'm eager, but I already know that patience is the name of the game, and also the best way to progress.

Bring it on!!!!! Splish splash

Back
Top Bottom