Diatom bloom gloom and a funny little thingy appearing all of the sudden!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinika

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I wake up today and I find this interesting thing stuck to my live rock. I have no idea what it is and I was hoping someone out there can help me out as to what it could possibly be and whether I should be concerned. :oops:

Also a question about diatom blooming out there fellow underwater world lovers. I have read through various sources that diatom bloom usually occurs near the end of the cycle process. I am currently on day 17. On day 7 I added 50% ammonia and the amount that was suggested using the tank ammonia calculator. I am waiting for my master test kit to come in and I am using one of those cheapy stick ones at the moment :facepalm: and all of my levels are ideal. Salinty and temperature is where it should be at. About 5 days ago I start getting some diatom blooming and since then it has exploded. My question is what should I do?

HELP PLEASE !!!

Attachments

• Thingy.jpg
    Thingy.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 74
Thanks! I just did a quick search online and read about them now that I have a name to search :)

Any suggestions for the diatom bloom?

Well it's usually just an end of cycle thing... Once all the silicates in the sand are consumed, the diatoms should check out.

Excellent! Thanks so much Benamayer! I was just admiring my Feather Duster and I made a quick movement and it disappeared! I sat and watched patiently and it slowly opened up again like a flower. It was awesome :)

Yea they're pretty awesome. I just discovered about 7 of them in my tank... Here's my big dog
"Bob"...

image-4083167822.jpg

Thank you very much! So far AA is great! I am just learning how to navigate through all of these options on the website and learning the world of fish acronyms of course :)

Can you repost the pick or msg it to me? I can't enlarge unfortunately and it is see in that size format.

I just discovered the picture of the month contest. There are some impressive set ups out there!

Back
Top Bottom