Dojos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmccloy63

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gl freshwater tank. All started with a feeder goldfish that my grandson won at the fair a couple years ago. Due to a goldfish, limited in options of of other fish. I have one bristlenose pleco and now 5 dojo loaches, one of which is a golden, other more common dojos. They are my favorites. Would have more but that's the limit I will go for size of tank. Got my golden as a tiny baby. Looks very healthy. All my fish look very healthy. My golden just does not act like the common. Only one that buries in the sand and never comes to top of aquarium. Others never bury. Others will eagerly come to my hand if I reach in the aquarium but never the golden. Much less active but when he/she chooses to be active, quickest of them all. Eats very little compared to the others. Doesn't forage like the others. I worry about whether getting enough food since the others go crazy eating and golden just nibbles a tiny bit. Will sometimes play and interact with the others but most times not. Despite all this, again looks very healthy. Just wondering if there is unique differences between golden and the more common brownish speckled loaches? I worry about my golden! My fish names are Flipper/goldfish, Frankie/bristlenose, Finly/Golden dojo, Funly, Friendly, Farley and Freely/common dojos. Finly interacts the most with Funly, my largest than any of the others. Anyone knows more than I about loac behaviors, please help. Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom