Dutch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gebruikersnaam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Naam: Chris
Leeftijd: 22 years
Geboren: Hoogvliet (Citty in the Netherlands)

Aquarium since I was 6. But most of the maintains I did not do myself. Did change when I wash around 15. And I bought a year back a new aquarium 200 liters. And since a month ago I own a second aquarium 60 liters.

Real reason for my join this forum. I may have huge problem with one of my Betta fish. I will stick around after. But since I am still learning I will ask for more than give answers. But who knows.

Other hobbies: They come and go, except aquariums and my dogs

Welcome!!!! the problem would be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My problem:

I got a Betta since Saturday. And everything was going while until his tail appeared damage. Plants and other fish are doing fine. I got 5 bettas vrouwtjes en 2 algae eater. I test the water and everything is fine. The filter I had was a cheap thing I got with the aquarium. And the flow was just to high and he often "fell" because of it. Since Tuesday I have a new filter. This is one is great and got great reviews.

I have add a so called Cattapa leaf to the aquarium. Thinking of adding salt, should I? or meds.

Also:
5 females and 1 male betta. And females are smaller than the males. The tank is 60liter so that should be around the 15/16 gallons(I used a converter). I guess is 50x30x40cm. I clean the tank once a week 20%. And I have a Eheim filter

Water:
No3 = 0
No2 = 0
GH = 16d
KH = 6d
PH = 7.2
CI 2= 0
But what know?

English is not my first language.So sorry for misspellings.

Lighting + moving fish=
5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png
9.png

Hes new they will beat the crud out of each other for a while my girls fins are growing back normally i didnt need to salt the water give it time if it gets worse think of getting another tank

♡♥♡♡ proud fish mommy ♡♥♡♥

Hes new they will beat the crud out of each other for a while my girls fins are growing back normally i didnt need to salt the water give it time if it gets worse think of getting another tank

The most clear and helpful answer I have gotten yet.(I started a topic on 6 forums, so that says something)

Well glad i could help i remember what its like adding new bettas lol next now that i have six happy females time for other fish in with them i have my male in his own tank

Yes. Betta fish often come with damaged fins because of the stress involved in shipping and poor housing when they reach the local fish shop. Keep the water extra clean and the fins should start to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also it looks like you are using test strips as there is no test for ammonia. Try to get a liquid test kit just to make sure your readings are good because the strips are not very accurate.

They tank should have stabilised now after a month. So I would expect good readings anyway. But that is another idea to check if the fins get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom