Dutch guy here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emeraldking

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there all,

I'm Stan from the Netherlands. Came across this site by accident.
I'm an aquarist for over 40 years (started as a young boy) now and the devotion is still lasting...

Have kept several kinds of fish throughout the years. From goldfish to cichlids... you name it! But I've always been in love with livebearers and specifically wildforms. And a very special focus on wildguppies...
About 9 years ago I've started keeping and breeding endlers and have specialized myself within this field.

When I had to take it a bit slow in 2011 because of severe health issues, I finally had time to set up my own website regarding livebearers. Furthermore, I participate at vivaristic events in Holland, Belgium and Germany as an exposant, juror and advisor.
I also give lectures and workshops from time to time within the vivaristic field. I'm also a moderator and admin of specific sites.

Currently, I've got 67 tanks actively running. In this case 60 inside and 7 outdoors.

Hope to have some nice interactions overhere...

Take care,
Stan

Attachments

• berlin2013 148a.jpg
    berlin2013 148a.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 76
  • fishroom stan 074.jpg
    fishroom stan 074.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_5848_edited-1.JPG
    100_5848_edited-1.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_6141.JPG
    100_6141.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 74
Thanks!
But the small tanks in the 1st pic ain't mine. That was last year during the international endlerchampionship in Berlin, Germany. I was also one of the jurors overthere.

Very nice tanks and great back story!

My father is also Dutch. That doesn't really mean much because I don't speak it but I just thought I'd mention it. Welcome to the forum! Do you have many planted tanks? Heavily planted or high tech tanks?

Well Alex,

At least, it's nice to know that there's at least one more person with dutch roots.
All of my tanks are planted. There are tanks which are heavily planted but also tanks with less plants in it.

But for sure no high tech tanks overhere. My personal opinion is that I think it's a waste of money. And I still think that the best biotopes are the ones with less technical equipment. I keep my tanks wellbalanced by a good balance between livestock and vegetation. I let nature do as much filtration as possible so that the mechanical filtration needs to do less.
With the amount of tanks I have, I'd like to keep the maintenance low. Works perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom