eclipse system 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferrari

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi - I'm a senior citizen in London, ON, Canada and am soon ready to add fish to my 12 gal. (U.S.) aquarium. I plan on getting 8 or 9 Neon Tetras and one or two other fish, preferably top dwellers but that is not a priority. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've had 2 or 3 larger aquariums but that was a long time ago! I consider myself a beginner again. My tank is well planted and ready for fish as early as Wed.

Welcome to AA!

The neons will hover mid to high in the tank. I'd consider some dwarf cories to scavenge the bottom of the tank.

Thanks Neilan - I'll do a little research on dwarf cories. What do you think of dwarf gouramis or red wag platies or Bolivian ram cichlids?

Thanks again for the advice on what one or two fish to add to a small school of neon tetras in an Eclipse System 12 aquarium. I hope I'm able, in a few months, to help newcomers to this fascinating hobby (or is there a better term than "hobby?"). I'm now thinking of a Betta but I've read that the tetras may nip at its fins.
Ferrari

I've finally decided on what to get for my Eclipse System 12 - a few neon tetras, a couple of red wag platties and a dwarf blue gourami. I plan on going ahead with this unless someone here sees a problem. Thanks again for the help and, as an aside, I'm sure you in the USA are relieved the election is over. Our election campaigns here last only a few weeks!
Michael

Hi everyone - I've just noticed something I'm curious about, having added 5 neon tetras, then four more a day later. The 5 seemed to chase each other a lot and 1 or 2 did not always stay in the school but now that I have a total of 9, they're together all the time and are very active but there doesn't seem to be any chasing. Is this simply caused by a larger number or is it possible the initial group of 5 had maybe 3 males and 2 females? I guess my question is - with neon tetras is 5 too few to form a school?
Ferrari

Back
Top Bottom