Electric Blue Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBAfan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Aloha All,

Thought Id try this sight out as I often have questions and would love to hear what those of you with more experience might have to say. Like many of you Ive had aquariums since I was a kid. Now an adult in my 50s I still find the experience calming and relaxing.

My newest interest has been with the Electric Blue Acara..like many their appearance caught my eye right away. Ive been enjoying them for a few years now and my adults were once my newborn fry...

With a recent life change and moving of homes etc and being very busy Ive forgotten some of the habits of the EBA..is it the male that does the body "shake" or shimmy? The other ones ovipositor has become quite noticeable in the last day or two and this duo is hogging one portion of the tank...Im assuming something is going on, correct?

Aloha All,

Thought Id try this sight out as I often have questions and would love to hear what those of you with more experience might have to say. Like many of you Ive had aquariums since I was a kid. Now an adult in my 50s I still find the experience calming and relaxing.

My newest interest has been with the Electric Blue Acara..like many their appearance caught my eye right away. Ive been enjoying them for a few years now and my adults were once my newborn fry...

With a recent life change and moving of homes etc and being very busy Ive forgotten some of the habits of the EBA..is it the male that does the body "shake" or shimmy? The other ones ovipositor has become quite noticeable in the last day or two and this duo is hogging one portion of the tank...Im assuming something is going on, correct?
Mine recently spawned and this is the behavior they had. Yes, the male did the shimmying/shaking. You will probably have eggs soon

Were they successful with their batch of fry? Whats the approximation of how many survived?

Oh very cool! Thank you for sharing and best wishes to the new parents and YOU!

My male would yank a leaf off a plant and do the shake shimy with it.. drive the ladies wild.. they're fun fish for sure

Yes, my male is a shimmying fool although the female does seem intrigued...haha! Glad youre swimming with your fish and yes, you must have the deluxe model of the smart phone by far! Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom