'Ello Mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockgymbrock

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
not Australian. from baltimore. starting with my first fish tank ever. bought it Friday 7/26. treated the water and have been running the filter/heater since late Friday night. but haven't tested the temp or pH level. should I do that before I purchase my cichlids later today? I need to know.

not Australian. from baltimore. starting with my first fish tank ever. bought it Friday 7/26. treated the water and have been running the filter/heater since late Friday night. but haven't tested the temp or pH level. should I do that before I purchase my cichlids later today? I need to know.

Hello and welcome!
Before you buy your cichlids you will need a test kit (such as the API freshwater master test kit) to monitor the water quality while your tank cycles.
Read up on the nitrogen cycle and particularly doing a 'fish in' cycle.
You will need to check your ph, ammonia and nitrite levels daily to begin with.
What sort of tank do you have, and what kind of cichlids are you interested in?

Hello and welcome!
Before you buy your cichlids you will need a test kit (such as the API freshwater master test kit) to monitor the water quality while your tank cycles.
Read up on the nitrogen cycle and particularly doing a 'fish in' cycle.
You will need to check your ph, ammonia and nitrite levels daily to begin with.
What sort of tank do you have, and what kind of cichlids are you interested in?

I have a 37 gallon top fin starter kit. thinking I will go with black convict cichlids. don't want something huge. but don't want them too small.

Back
Top Bottom