EnjoyingMyDaughtersChristmasPresent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2Fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have never owned a fish aquarium before but have always admired nice ones I have seen. I have wanted one for a long time for several reasons. One being that I love fish. Fishing is my passion. I live it. To love fishing is to love fish in general. My little girl always won fish at the fair and the fish would die before the next morning. This would cause her to cry. I will no longer pay money for a game that causes the death of so many fish, especially ones that are not consumed for eating. I can't imagine how many of those fish actually even survive. I decided I would do something special for my little girl and build her a nice tank stand with canopy top. I decided to go with a 40 gallon tank. We got 8 glofish to start with, 1 catfish, and 6 tetras I think they are. They all look great and happy in the tank. So far it has been a success and she loves it. She stands by the tank and watches the fish. I enjoy it myself. I want to eventually do a salt water tank later on.

nothing more enjoyable than spending time with your little girl watching the fish .
as a parent I know sharing time together bringing you even closer nothing can beat that warm feeling .

Welcome to AA and congrats on your new tank. My son is 7 years old and loves all things fish. I know you both will enjoy it for a long time to come.

I'm new on the forum, welcome! I had fish for my sons entire childhood into his teens, he loved it. It solidified our bond and I feel he learned patience and how to appreciate living things. When he was old enough he did the water changes LOL. Warning, it's an addictive hobby. Have fun with your daughter!

Back
Top Bottom