Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Excited but confused!

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for accepting me on your website.
I am English and live in France. I have kept goldfish for years and have decided to step up and start looking after tropical fish. I am starting my first tropical fish tank and have realised that I have already made probably the biggest mistake possible I bought a 60 litre tank thinking that starting small would be easier. Through lots of reading I've realised that this decison has limited my choices severely and that a smaller tank leaves less room for error. Too late, the tank is bought and unwrapped, I'll need to make better choices from now on. Read first, decide later! So thats what I am doing.
I am choising my decorations / plants for the tank before I start the process of making the water safe for my future fish. Only a month or so to wait for the fish.... I'll be patient !
Well thats enough of me rambling on - yes I am a complete beginneer ! But, I'll get there... with your help !

Old 11-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
Macro Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

welcome to the forum , everyone was at the beginning once just like you , enjoy the forums

Old 11-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for accepting me on your website.
I am English and live in France. I have kept goldfish for years and have decided to step up and start looking after tropical fish. I am starting my first tropical fish tank and have realised that I have already made probably the biggest mistake possible I bought a 60 litre tank thinking that starting small would be easier. Through lots of reading I've realised that this decison has limited my choices severely and that a smaller tank leaves less room for error. Too late, the tank is bought and unwrapped, I'll need to make better choices from now on. Read first, decide later! So thats what I am doing.
I am choising my decorations / plants for the tank before I start the process of making the water safe for my future fish. Only a month or so to wait for the fish.... I'll be patient !
Well thats enough of me rambling on - yes I am a complete beginneer ! But, I'll get there... with your help !

Welcome. You should start a build thread and we can help you along the way.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome!
Old 11-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban07 View Post
Welcome. You should start a build thread and we can help you along the way.
+1
If you have the patience, this is a very fun stage.

https://injaf.org/
https://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Are your fish bilingual?!
I'm sure flakes hitting the water surface is a universal language.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just don't forget water conditioner, a filter, and a heater

Also a tip....when getting a fish don't forget to buy their food. I once had to make a second trip because when I got home I realized I didn't buy the food with the fish haha (also different fish need different food)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com