Excited new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snrklr1st

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good morning! I hope Christmas was wonderful for all fish lovers! Now that I am retired, I have time to pursue my hobbies, reading, gardening, and maintaining (with help from my wonderful husband) 4 aquariums and one outside goldfish pond. Inside, my 20-gallon tank has community fish: molllies, guppies, tetras, neons, and glowfish. The glowfish are especially playful. My living room has a 50-gallon tank also with community fish but well-planted with different plants that are thriving. A couple of mollies had babies; I moved two females to the 20-gallon tank. This 50-gallon used to house convicts and silver dollars; however, a terrible case of columnaris (I think) took the lives of all but 1 convict. I gave him away to a local pet store owner. Even though they are aggressive, I love convicts because of their interesting habits and beautiful eyes. My 30-gallon tank contains semi-aggressive with large gouramis, a leaf fish, and red minor tetras. I wanted this tank's decor to match the colors of my room, so one thing I did is to paint the cabinet accordingly, and rather than using paper as a backing, I took an old piece of cloth, and it works very well. No worries about wet spots that stick to the class! What fun and solace they all provide!

:welcome:

Glad you like your tanks! You will find the forum community very helpful! I know I did when I first started!

Back
Top Bottom