Finally found the intro!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mas8394

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Jeez, I've been in a couple forums but this one is quite complicated to search through!

I've had a fish tank since I was a child, my uncle (lived with us) use to own a 185 gallon salt water tank, 3 20 gallons, and a 29 gallon. He would use 2 of the 20 gallons for plants/coral etc, and the other 20 gallon for sick fish. He would use the 29gallon for a personal freshwater tank in his bedroom.

When I told my parents I wanted a tank, my uncle set me up with a 10 gallon tank.

I had that tank and set up for years until eventually all the fish died (from old age, I suppose) and I gave up on the fish because, as a child, I couldn't afford anymore.

Fast forward, I'm 16. Making some money, got a tattoo, got a car, now... I want a fish tank! Not only that, but I wanted to play with fire! No clue where the 10 Gallon tank resided, I went and bought a 20 gallon. Stocked with Neon Tetra, Otocinclus... And... 9 Female Bettas and 1 Male betta. I went through at least 3 Males until I found one who fit perfectly with the females. This set up lasted about 2 years until all but 2 female bettas, my tetra, and otocinclus randomly died one night. Still don't know why.

Fast forward, I'm 19. I decide neons and otos are boring... and Buy a 45 Gallon tank! Then buy a 55 Gallon tank, but that one is because I adopted a turtle from my sister.

In my (currently 6 month old) 45 Gallon tank are my otos, neons, 2 Opaline Gourami (one recently passed away), Angelfish, Rainbow Shark, and a bunch of horny Zebra Danios (I started with 4, 5 months later I have 20. Amazing horny buggers.)

My old 20 gallon is there just in case I need it. I also have another 20 gallon (originally used to house the turtle until I could get bigger) but it's fairly empty. I'm soon going to be adopting a second 55 Gallon tank.

Unlike most hobbyists, I was lucky enough to have someone teach me about fish before I went into the hobby!

Anyways folks, that is a quick run through of my personal experience! I'm here now just for the camaraderie! :dance:

Also forgive me for typos and grammar issues, I don't revise my posts - just type them crazily.

Back
Top Bottom