First post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adam Marinelli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

First let me say thank you. I have been an unregistered purveyor of the vast amounts of free help on this site for months.

Second, I would like to get some suggestions about some new corals to put in my tank. My stocklist and tank info are in my profile. I am looking for strong color, ease of care, and something interesting that compliments what I have already stocked. There are pics in my profile as well.

Looking forward to the replies!

Adam

Welcome to the forum! Glad you finally signed up. i will go check out your profile and see what i can come up with. :)

hmmm.. what kind of lighting do you have on your tank? that will dictate what you can get pretty much. :)

You already have a great assortment of corals in my opinion, several I would have suggested. lol theres a ton of others though that we need your lighting setup to see if they can be a good fit. :)

Hmm, I don't know the specs on the lighting off hand. It's the factory bulbs from Red Sea. I will look them up online and post it after a meeting I have in a few.

Ok.... They are 2 55 watt 50/50 10,000k & Actinic T5 Power compact lamps, 4 blue led moonlights, with a high polished aluminum reflector.

hmm t5 or power compact? Is the bulb a double type bulb or do you have two thin bulbs?

either way I think my suggestions coral wise would be: hammer, torch, leathers liek a toadstool, maybe a blastomussa, you might even be able to keep a brain coral. :)

have you checked out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums ? They have a ton of corals and they list the lighting requirements for each one. I would put you at medium light intensity in my opinion.

Thanks for the responses Carey. It's 2 double pronged bulbs. And I was actually thinking about getting a brain the other day... :)

I'll check out the site for sure. Thanks for all the info!

Just as a side question, do you guys use a gravel vacuum in your SW tanks? I have heard both sides and was curious if it helps with extraneous detritus.

Do you have enough water flow? I don't get too much misc stuff on my sand. I added a powerhead to my 29g cube on top of the stock return.....

Yeah, I think I need to put one of those on the other side of my tank, but no I don't have too much visible stuff on the sand. Was just wondering if vacuuming was a necessary thing.

Back
Top Bottom