First timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baconfingers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I'm researching a FOWLR that I'd like to evolve into a reef tank someday.

I'm entirely new to "the hobby(TM)" and have been researching for the past 2 months.

What kicked off the research was the introduction of a fowlr tank to the office. Someone donated it and it has been in the break/cafeteria room since. It's a focal point of a lot of conversations.

We all added some fish, and there were some problems and we've been working through to save the fish. But this has encouraged me to learn more in order to help as well. And when I put in my own tank, I hope to avoid these types of missteps.

Hi,

I'm researching a FOWLR that I'd like to evolve into a reef tank someday.

I'm entirely new to "the hobby(TM)" and have been researching for the past 2 months.

What kicked off the research was the introduction of a fowlr tank to the office. Someone donated it and it has been in the break/cafeteria room since. It's a focal point of a lot of conversations.

We all added some fish, and there were some problems and we've been working through to save the fish. But this has encouraged me to learn more in order to help as well. And when I put in my own tank, I hope to avoid these types of missteps.

I don't want to steer you away from your desired setup, but most people start with freshwater. It'll be cheaper to run than a FOWLR setup too.
There are a lot of freshwater fish that are nearly as colorful as reef fish, and have colorful personalities as well.

What size aquarium were you thinking of getting?

I don't want to steer you away from your desired setup, but most people start with freshwater. It'll be cheaper to run than a FOWLR setup too.
There are a lot of freshwater fish that are nearly as colorful as reef fish, and have colorful personalities as well.

What size aquarium were you thinking of getting?

hey thanks for the reply. i don't have an interest in fw. they don't appeal to me.

i'm considering a tank up to 180g

Welcome to the forum! Fowlr isn't to hard as long as you do your research first. With a tank that size it won't be much harder than freshwater! All of us are here to help! :)

Back
Top Bottom