First timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starkkj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey! I finally got my first tank at 19 years old! Right now, I’ve got 1 golden mystery snail and multiple baby black mysteries. I want to start a shrimp tank here in a few months so we’ll see how that goes!
-Kelly

Great to have you join in!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Snails are fun, shrimp are fun - Excellent choices. I am an inverts fan big time!

What types of shrimp have caught your eye?

Great to have you join in!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Snails are fun, shrimp are fun - Excellent choices. I am an inverts fan big time!

What types of shrimp have caught your eye?

I really like neocaridina davidi shrimp! I love how many different colors they can be and how easy they can be to keep. I found a sakura red cherry, a neon yellow, and a blue rili which are all beautiful! What do you have?

Have been keeping shrimp since 2012!

Presently (a big group of) reproducing shrimp which were labeled as Ghost shrimp in the Wine Glass tank.

A handful of mutt Cherry shrimp clean up crew.

A rimless cube for the Pure Red Line / aka PRL - Caridina.

And appx 40-44 Golden Bee Caridina shrimp. With a momma Sakura Red Cherry and some tiny babies I can't yet see.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Have kept Tangerine Tigers, and beautiful Blue Velvets.

Mixed Cherry shrimp. And grey blue Cherry Shrimp from them.

Cherry Shrimp - Rili and Chocolate and Black Rose offspring Cherry shrimp, the person which bred them created the colony of Blue Velvets I got from their offspring - very cool color morphing group!

Painted Fire Red Cherry Shrimp

Bamboo Shrimp and Amano shrimp.

A small variety of SW shrimp.

Orange Eye Blue Tiger / aka OEBT (which ended up a failed project near when I started shrimp keeping), the shrimp which started me wanting to keep shrimp from the beginning.

Tangerine Tigers were very vibrant and fun to keep because they were strong and beautiful really a tangerine orange color / easy to see and were not delicate like many types of Caridina.

My favorites are the PRL, a bit more than the OEBT because they are so easy to see in the tank.

Also though the Golden Bees I have now are a mix of shrimp graded high, good to below average. But they are really interesting. One reason I wanted them is they morph to a color called Red Bolt and I have a couple which are growing up and looking like that somewhat.

Can you tell I like shrimp, lolol!

Have been keeping shrimp since 2012!

Presently (a big group of) reproducing shrimp which were labeled as Ghost shrimp in the Wine Glass tank.

A handful of mutt Cherry shrimp clean up crew.

A rimless cube for the Pure Red Line / aka PRL - Caridina.

And appx 40-44 Golden Bee Caridina shrimp. With a momma Sakura Red Cherry and some tiny babies I can't yet see.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Have kept Tangerine Tigers, and beautiful Blue Velvets.

Mixed Cherry shrimp. And grey blue Cherry Shrimp from them.

Cherry Shrimp - Rili and Chocolate and Black Rose offspring Cherry shrimp, the person which bred them created the colony of Blue Velvets I got from their offspring - very cool color morphing group!

Painted Fire Red Cherry Shrimp

Bamboo Shrimp and Amano shrimp.

A small variety of SW shrimp.

Orange Eye Blue Tiger / aka OEBT (which ended up a failed project near when I started shrimp keeping), the shrimp which started me wanting to keep shrimp from the beginning.

Tangerine Tigers were very vibrant and fun to keep because they were strong and beautiful really a tangerine orange color / easy to see and were not delicate like many types of Caridina.

My favorites are the PRL, a bit more than the OEBT because they are so easy to see in the tank.

Also though the Golden Bees I have now are a mix of shrimp graded high, good to below average. But they are really interesting. One reason I wanted them is they morph to a color called Red Bolt and I have a couple which are growing up and looking like that somewhat.

Can you tell I like shrimp, lolol!

So you’re who I need to get in contact with when I have my financial situation figured out to start shrimp keeping! I started my tank out without knowing ANYTHING and killed some fish but now I know about the nitrogen cycle and have had my current tank set up for about a month or two now. I’ve got one golden mystery snail and two black snails that I have no idea where they came from but one came with salivia so who knows!

Lol, probably can at least help, hahaha!

It is easiest to find a local hobbyist who raises them near you, that way it will be similar water (usually) and you know they are good at breeding when you get some extras from some else. Cherries / and Neos in general, are the most common and there are usually some available somewhere!

Lol, probably can at least help, hahaha!

It is easiest to find a local hobbyist who raises them near you, that way it will be similar water (usually) and you know they are good at breeding when you get some extras from some else. Cherries / and Neos in general, are the most common and there are usually some available somewhere!

I’ll do some digging!

Back
Top Bottom