first timer with cloudy water!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell2002

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
taking the plunge from fresh to saltwater after months of deliberating! i spent maaaaaaany hours online researching before starting. My girlfriend convinced my to use fine white sand in the main tank... im regreting it bigtime! it's been two days now and it looks like i have "milk" instead of water in the tank!!! any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

It should settle in a few more days.

maxwell2002 said:
taking the plunge from fresh to saltwater after months of deliberating! i spent maaaaaaany hours online researching before starting. My girlfriend convinced my to use fine white sand in the main tank... im regreting it bigtime! it's been two days now and it looks like i have "milk" instead of water in the tank!!! any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Just wait for it to settle is all I can say. Did you clean it before use? Welcome to AA!

yes i rinse the sand in the main tank, but i didnt rinse the live sand in the refugium! But you're right, it looks alot better already today!

thanks, rob

Back
Top Bottom