Fish Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milescheifetz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but have had an aquarium tea-table (freshwater) for over 7 years. It is dual-sided, with a terraced waterfall in the centre. Taking a water sample to my local aquarium shortly, but if pH is correct, temp correct and filtration good, what else could the reason for death of newly-bought fish? (Also assuming they weren't sold old). Thankyou; pleased to be part of this group!

it sounds like you don't own your own test kit. that is really a must since you will need to test frequently if you are having a problem with fish dying. api has a liquid test kit or you can buy at least the ammonia, ph and nitrate tests. get api LIQUID tests not strips as they are known to give unreliable results. how often do you do water changes? vacuum gravel? how many gallons does your tank hold? how many fish are you keeping? also what type of water treatment do you use? most people on this site use seachem prime. i know i'm asking a lot of questions but the more we know the better the advice will be. there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site and they will help you to figure things out and get back on track. welcome to aquarium advice! :)

sorry i forgot to ask. when you get new fish how do you acclimate them? also can you post a picture of your tank? i don't klnow what a tea table tank looks like. thanks

Back
Top Bottom