Fisherman and now aquarium hobbyist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apr28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive been working in the saltwater fishing industry all my life and decided to start 2 new aquariums in my house. I am an avid bass fisherman also.

One aquarium will consist of a 29g freshwater community tank and will be placed inside the family room and the future 2nd tank will be a 70g saltwater aquarium placed outside the entrance to the home theater.

I just started the fishless cycling process in the 29g and hope to be done within 2 weeks.

I will be asking some questions from time to time so if they seem noobish it will be more from ignorance rather than stupidity:cool:

Ive been working in the saltwater fishing industry all my life and decided to start 2 new aquariums in my house. I am an avid bass fisherman also.

One aquarium will consist of a 29g freshwater community tank and will be placed inside the family room and the future 2nd tank will be a 70g saltwater aquarium placed outside the entrance to the home theater.

I just started the fishless cycling process in the 29g and hope to be done within 2 weeks.

I will be asking some questions from time to time so if they seem noobish it will be more from ignorance rather than stupidity:cool:

Hi! :flowers:

What kind of setup with what kind of fish are you thinking of putting in the freshwater tank?

My current plans:

5- Blue Cobra Guppies
4- Emerald green Cory cats
2- Rams
2- Dwarf Gouramis

I plan on adding some sort of algae eaters(shrimp maybe) just not sure what yet.

Ive done about 5 scenarios on aqadvisor and this is the one i like the best

My current plans:

5- Blue Cobra Guppies
4- Emerald green Cory cats
2- Rams
2- Dwarf Gouramis

I plan on adding some sort of algae eaters(shrimp maybe) just not sure what yet.

Ive done about 5 scenarios on aqadvisor and this is the one i like the best

I'd get at least 6 corys. They like to be in groups. Algae eaters don't eat all your algae. You still need to wipe the glass down, and there are different types of algae, some that algae eaters won't eat. Although, some species eat this algae, some eat that algae. I never rely on algae eaters to really eat algae. I just have them for looks. Don't expect any of your fish to earn their keep.

You could add some shrimp but it'd just be for looks. Also, it is usually harder to find female dwarf gouramis than males. Not impossible though.

Back
Top Bottom