Fresh to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CcJ23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Everybody!
Im a new member to AA but I have monitored the site for a while. Whenever I have an aquarium problem or question, I always refer to this site, so I figured why not make an account?!
I am a young enthusiast in the Rochester, NY area. I currently have 3 tanks, 2 operating. A 10 gallon and a 55 gallon, both planted. I am hoping to gain more information about how to better my tanks and to meet some great people! I have plans for my tanks, I just need to meet some people and make some connections to make them happen!
Anyways I have had my tanks running for close to a year and have learned a lot through trial and error. When I first established my tanks, and after hours of reasearch, I started with probably the most common tropical fish......guppies. I never pet them in my 55 gallon because that is my community/display tank and I don't need that over run with guppies! LOL The only reason that my 10 gallon is planted is because I had extra trimmings from my other tank, so I threw them in. Long behold it grew and it now makes great hiding spots for the fry! I now have more than enough!
Anyways, after much rambling, I conclude that I look forward to the site and meeting everyone! I really look forward to expanding my livebearers (actually pretty cool to watch grow) and hopefully learn a bunch about plants!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any advice on guppies? I have a lot and have had the tank for a while, however I think they are still eatting a lot of the fry. :ermm: My goal is to raise as many as posible to adulthood. I will try to upload a picture to show how many plants I actually have in there. I recently placed a female that looks like she is due any day in a breeding bow that I finally bought. Do you think it will help? She has been in there for almost a week because she was really boxy and gravid. Will this stress her so she doesn't give birth? Let me try to get a picture of her too...

The next 2 pictures show the how heavily planted the tank is and the breeder box in the upper left
101_2027.jpg

101_2028.jpg

These 2 pictures show the female that I think is due soon. She has been in there for a week like that and still hasn't dropped. Should I be concernered or should I remove her?
101_2033.jpg

101_2034.jpg

Welcome! I just joined this week too. This is a great site! Wow, your guppy is really big! I wish I could help but I haven't ever raised guppies myself. My dad did, but I was a kid then. I have swordtails, which are livebearers too but I don't know how similar their habits are to guppies. Mine have multiplied a lot as well which I agree is very neat to experience. Good luck!

Thanks! I am up in the air about getting some RREA (Real Red Eye Albino) swordtails from a person I have been in contact with. THey are so cool! They are just very expensive and I hear they take a long time to reach adulthood. I heard it can take almost a year, a long time for livebearers! In your experiences, is that true?

Back
Top Bottom