From Orange County

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrowningFishy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am new here, little late on introductions. Face it I am horrible at introductions and put it off till I feel like I have to. Well if your wondering about my nick name, it's one I had for awhile... My sim drowned fishing. My highlight of playing sims 3 before I gave it up.

Any ways I have four fish which as of now consist of 3 minnows and 1 betta. Thus how I came across this page. Despite having a father who had a lot of fish while I was growing up I felt like I knew nothing about fish. My goal is not to kill any of my fish I hope they'll be around for a long time.

My 3 rosey/fathead minnows I found at a bus stop, and they origionally were 4 but one didn't make it. Now their spoiled in their 10 gallon tank and now become cheeky little pains now that the weathers cold. Managed to teach them a few tricks. If I take off the hood they hide like ninjas and there's no finding them all. If I turn on the light they start zooming around like kids having had to much surgar till I feed them, and recently they learned how to beg if I skip a meal. For some odd reason all 3 minnows prefer to hang out below the water filter and/or love to rub against the intake. (http://youtu.be/vvM5A31UxGA it's boring I actually turned on the camera to see what they do when I leave the room then I forgot about it... ...)

My beta is a recent addition. Went to get supplies to clean the aquarium and saw her floating on top her water. Called my BF for voice of reason and he told me to take her home. Though, there's some question whether or not it's really a she. Right now she's just to small to tell. In matter fact the minnows easily beat her in size in both length and width.

Cool! :dance: I would figure more people on here from CA or FL because warmer climiates seem to love their fishies.

Back
Top Bottom