G'day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bazzinator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, i've signed up on to this forum to get to know my fish a bit better and see how i can improve the way i look after my fish and eventually hopefully to get them breed.

currently i have a 200 L 4 foot tank set up for the last 6 weeks and have in there
1x green texas cichlid male
1x maingano cichlid male
1x red empress cichlid female
1x electric yellow male
1x blue mbuna pair

along with a pair of bristlenose plecos so i have plenty of room to fill for this tank.

was wondering what i should do whether it would be idea to make the pairs fill up and possibly get other cichlids that would fit into the tank or just make communities out of all the fish that i already have.

any help i can get would be greatly appreciated

Bazzinator said:
Hey all, i've signed up on to this forum to get to know my fish a bit better and see how i can improve the way i look after my fish and eventually hopefully to get them breed.

currently i have a 200 L 4 foot tank set up for the last 6 weeks and have in there
1x green texas cichlid male
1x maingano cichlid male
1x red empress cichlid female
1x electric yellow male
1x blue mbuna pair

along with a pair of bristlenose plecos so i have plenty of room to fill for this tank.

was wondering what i should do whether it would be idea to make the pairs fill up and possibly get other cichlids that would fit into the tank or just make communities out of all the fish that i already have.

help i can get would be greatly appreciated

:welcome: to AA
The one thing I can see is the Texas doesn't belong with the others. Because someone or all but one is gonna end up dead. Also putting haps (red empress) and mbuna (all the others but the Texas) in that size tank isn't a great idea either. If you want them to breed I'd get 3-4 more yellow labs and maybe some females 3-4 of the maingano. You need to always try and keep 3 or more females to 1 male of the mbuna. The male will stress or kill the females when trying to breed as much as they do.

Back
Top Bottom