Getting Back Into It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candidly_Carol

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey There,

I'm a newbie here. I have had freshwater tropical fish my entire life. My first tank was a 10 gallon filled with guppies and my largest was a 20 gallon.

Recently I moved and my room mate had a neglected 10 gallon tank someone had left behind during a move. I was going to dump out the water and list the aquarium online when I saw 3 fish zipping around in the filth so I decided to keep it and the fish. They are very active Zebra Danios.

After getting everything cleaned up and water levels under control I started adding a few more tetras- now I'm a Tetra fanatic.

Even though I have had a lot of experience, I am still pretty rusty at fish care so I will be here quite a bit and look forward to learning lots from you all. :flowers:

How long were those fish left like that

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I didn't ask but judging by the cloudiness, exvaporation and algae growth I would guesstimate at least 1.5 months. I didn't have the heart to get rid of them or bring them back to the LFS. I came across them almost 4 months ago.

They have gained a bit of size since being properly cared for (or at least I think properly cared for). They are so full of personality and clearly hearty.

Never underestimate the determination of something to survive, right? I am glad you found them.

Back
Top Bottom