Glad to be here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigskybasser

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! Name is Hunter and I hail from the frigid pacific northwestern region of Montana. Very avid fisherman and now interested in getting my feet wet in the amazing world of aquaria. I have yet to start on my tank but I believe that my mind is set to start with a 37 gallon marineland. The initial set up will include clay based gravel substrate to support some starter plants such as java fern and potentially some lilaeopsis. Also am currently soaking a gorgeous piece of immaculate driftwood for a centerpiece that I might accompany with some java moss at some point.

As far as fish they will be tropical FW. I have a knack for invertebrates such as bamboo and cherry shrimp or potentially a medium sized tangerine lobster. My girlfriend very much wants a cichlid and we're still looking at other potentials including glass cats and friends. Very excited and I'm doing as much research as possible on maximizing the success of my introductions. Looking at hardware like spray bars and undergravel filters w/ lift tubes as well. Not sure if thats healthy for the initial cycle or not but I will bring that up in another thread. Again, glad to be hear!

Hi bigskybasser! Welcome to Aquarium Advice and the fun world of aquaria. I wish I knew more about FW to help you. I could be wrong, but I believe I have read that it usually is not a good idea to mix Cichlids with community fish, but I also think it has to do with the type of Cichlid too. For example, I think German Blue Rams are considered Cichlids, and I was able to keep one of those without issues in my old 20g planted tank. :)

Sorry for my kind of/I think advice, LOL. Hopefully it gives you some ideas. If you haven't already, check out some of the freshwater forums and post some questions there, they always have tons of activity going on over there! :)

:welcome: :wave:

No worries, luckily I always heavily research things before taking action so I shouldn't run into any problems with that. Super excited with how fast people reply and how active this forum is! Even more glad I'm hear now. Thanks for the welcome and insight!

No worries, luckily I always heavily research things before taking action so I shouldn't run into any problems with that. Super excited with how fast people reply and how active this forum is! Even more glad I'm hear now. Thanks for the welcome and insight!

No problem, I am happy to share whenever I can. :) Enjoy! This forum is so much fun. I've been here for four years this July and I certainly don't plan on leaving anytime soon!c:dance:

Back
Top Bottom