Glub-glub from Nevada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappysMom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HAPPY to find this forum, and hoping to find an answer to a problem I've never had in all the years I've been an aquarium person.

My current one is a lazy one,....a 15-gallon tall tank with only 4 goldfish and a plecostomus, although 've had years of experience with tropical fish and larger tanks.

The tank is Top Fin, as well as the filter. We've had it about 6 years. We change the filter packs regularly, with no problems. This last time, we changed the filter pack, and within 2 days the water was cloudy. No change in food or temperature. Treated the water with "Brite N' Clear", and it helped for a day, then back to cloudy (no color, just cloudy). Changed out about 25% of the water, then it went cloudy again.

Bought a new Top Fin filter with a new filter pack...no change...still cloudy.

Changed out the entire tank water, rinsed the gravel (the original gravel), treated the water with "Start Right", let it sit a couple days with the filter running, rinsed but didn't scrub the plastic plants, to save the bio process, and it was clear again....for about 2 days, then it cloudied back up.

Whaaaa???

Now what do I do?

Anyone home who might help me with this? Not a single reply all day?

Helloooo?

Happy (the elder goldfish) isn't very happy right now, and embarrassed that his home is less than beautiful...please help.

Back
Top Bottom