Go Cavs! Oh wait - I'm new here... Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbanner

Aquarium Advice Regular
As you may have surmised, I'm from Cleveland (Go Cavs!!!) and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you experienced folks. I will confess up front that I am currently nursing my two fantail goldfish back to good health - one has pop eye and the other has a torn tail fin. I've definitely neglected them the past few months (stupid cancer) and I'm feeling extremely guilty about the whole thing. They are beautiful and deserve comfort and care.

I'm setting up their new 55 gallon tank this coming weekend (hopefully), so that I can start cycling and get them moved in to a larger home. They're already too big for this 20 gallon, so I'm currently the QUEEN of water changes.

Did I mention that brevity is not my strong point? :)

Thanks in advance for all of the questions I will ask of y'all!

Hello.. Welcome to AA! I'm from Los Angeles myself, so you know what I have to say about the playoffs ;)

Sorry to hear you had or have such an awful ailment. Hopefully things are better for you. Also keeping my fingers crossed for your Goldies. It's great to hear you're getting them a larger home. Goldfish are certainly messy fish with large bioloads. Just seed the new filter on the larger tank with well seasoned bio media, and you'll be cycled in no time. You can even run the old filter from the 20 on that tank in tandem.

Anyways, welcome to the community!

@brian_nano12g - Thank you for the welcome and well wishes. I apologize for not having repled earlier... I must have missed that email notification of your reply, and I'm stil learning how all of this forum/thread stuff works...You'd think I was an old lady for how clumsily I handle myself here.
Anyhow, I appreciate your kind words and advice... I ran two sets of filter media in my old Whisper 30 for about six weeks, and when I started cycling the 55g at the beginning of June, I stuck the older filter in my new-to-me Aqueon 75... I added some substrate and a couple of decorations as well... I'm currently feeding pure ammonia and had my first instance of ammonia drop today after a few days at around 3ppm it went down to 1ppm today... (just re-dosed it back to 4ppm). I can't wait until it's ready!
I wouldn't be a Clevelander if I didn't say "Go Cavs!!" again, but I have to admit that the officiating in last night's game was deplorable... for both teams, IMO.... And some folks in C-Town would hunt me down for this, but (other than when he' chewing on his mouth guard like it's a binky), I love watching Steph play... Dude is amazing.
Thanks again!

Im sure clevland will be swingin from the clouds, from partyin, if they pull it off. 2 stars out (irving, love) and maybe that gives LBJ the chance to play through him. Completely. My warriors better be on alert. How are the goldfish healin up?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom