Good Morning All, New to the site and to planted tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFriendly28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

My name is Lindsey, and I love fish. Obviously or I wouldn't be here :D. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I've definately been here a few times when i've had questions...and you've all helped me alot so far!

I have kept fish tanks in the past, and find it very soothing. Which is why I've decided to start mine up again. However, New to me is the Planted tank. I saw pictures online and was so stoked to start! A bit more difficult than i'd planned though. My ten gallon is doing way better plant wise, but I believe that is due to the light wattage.

I few weeks ago I started up my 10 gallon for my Female Betta Sorority. 4 girls at the moment, and one rescue who looks to either have nipped fins or fin rot. I'm leaning towards nipped fins as she doesn't have any "gunk" and the edges are abrubtly jagged. She is in the acclimation/healing period right now to see if she is indeed sick, so I havn't added her to the tank yet. She is still in her larger cup floating in the tank for heat/environment purposes. I gave her a fresh water change, with some stress zyme and she seems to be acting way better even just over night, than she had last night after getting her home. No more labored breathing. She is my favorite I think because she is all yellow. I don't see them very often so when I do they catch my eye, and I have a hard time walking away ...:fish2:

Also I've started up My 20 gallon tank for my other fishies :) That tank has fewer plants due to only having a 15 watt bulb :( and is still cycling.

Back
Top Bottom