Greetings :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been lurking & reading this forum for about a month, but decided to join now that I have my own tank.

I'm Drea, live in NC, haven't had any fish in quite some time, but I am back!

As for my aquarium, it's currently across the room totally empty, and I'm looking for ideas...it's a Half Moon Style (tall was my most logical option since I live in an apartment) 26" length, 14" depth, 28" height...approx 44 gallons according to another site.

I want to turn it into a freshwater community tank that's colorful but not overstocked or tiny fish only.

So hi & please add your advice (gently!) :cool:

Hi and welcome to AA:) As to your question - i would suggest a walk around your local fish shop and see what you like the look of, Take notes of the names and any other info if possible then we can start from there as to what to put into your tank. Livebearers are always a nice fish to start with for colour and movement:fish2: that's platies,swordtails and to a lesser degree guppies!

Welcome!! Check out liveaquaria.com, they have a FW fish section that shows pix of all kinds of fish, temperament, tank size, etc. great place for info!! Have fun!

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone :) I will admit I was nervous to post as a fish-novice after reading for a while...but I've been super careful & am ready to get some fish (slowly).

My goal is really to have some fish that are active at all levels for my tank...I like bright fish and I want something unusual but not too difficult. I have made probably 20 different stock lists & just can't settle because all the sites I check seem to have different compatibility "rules."

I'm thinking some danios & some black skirt tetras & maybe a couple mollies...any ideas for a sort of "centerpiece" fish to go with that? Or critiques about my partial list? Who to add first?

Thanks in advance! :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom