Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chasasaurus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New member. Been keeping fish off and on for about 20 years. Definitely no expert, but fairly successful. Currently have 90g, 40g, 20g, 3g freshwater tanks, filled with mostly peaceful schooling fish and all heavily planted.

My 20g is a goldfish tank that exists because cycling fish survived and then my son won fish at the fair...twice lol.

Which brings me to the 10g tank that used to house the goldfish when they were small and less numerous...

I am considering utilizing the 10g as either a heavily-planted shrimp tank or dipping my feet into saltwater. I'm leaning to the shrimp because from what I've read, even a nano reef tank is going to require considerable more equipment, it's expensive (and so are mistakes) and maintaining salinity and other levels in such a small tank is likely going to be time-consuming.

I'll probably be posting for advice on type of shrimp (or any other suggestions) for such a tank. I live in rural Illinois and my only real pet store is Petco or online. Unless I'm setting up a new tank I usually avoid online since the shipping is usually cost prohibitive and I almost always get deaths.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom