Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thresher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been out of the hobby every since I left for college (had to sell a 5 year old fully established reef tank for dirt cheap as I knew my parents would have no idea how to maintain the tank before I left). Now, with a steady career and a new home, I figure it would be nice to add some new decor to the house. Anyhow the tank I purchased is a 50 gallon plexi. The filters, which I am waiting for to be delivered will consist of a rena filstar XP2 hooked up to an inline heater and an inline UV sterilizer. Also a HOB penguin 200 as an additional filter. The lighting system I rigged after taking a quick stroll through my local home depot. It saved me around $50.00. I'll try and keep this board posted on the progess of the tank..
Cheers,
img_535408_0_bd190fbb0b12ee0c1f57c5c4e5c3b3fa.jpg

img_535408_1_33795658634c03558095ddee71171461.jpg

teenreefer, the lights consist of a generic grow light from home depot. They costs something $14.00 apiece. Cheap and easy to mount

austinsdad, I don't think i'm doing the salt thing again. a bit too much work for my schedule. probably gonna throw some african cichids in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom