Greetings & Salutations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanyasaur

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. I don't know about you, but I am so glad I found this place! My aquarium story started only a few months ago. I never really had fish growing up, aside from this one goldfish I won at the state fair. My mom had a 20 gallon tank a while back that my older brother eventually inherited. Years ago, my mom got the bright idea that she wanted to try her hand at a salt water tank and purchased a 75 gallon bow front tank. That failed miserably. She then converted it into fresh water and kept koi in it. This was real successful until one of the koi died and poisoned the tank killing the rest of the koi. After that, she literally just left the tank with the gross water in it until the water had completely evaporated. The tank was then moved into the garage and then into the sunroom. This is where my story begins. My boyfriend and I took some time to clean the tank, fill it with water, and get the filter going again. We did what every beginner fish owner does and went down to the Petsmart and got a whole lot of all of the most colorful fish they had. It's been a wild roller coaster ride as we've been learning that caring for fish is more in depth than we thought. I'm glad that I'm here and am excited for all of the information I can retain from this site. Thanks ya'll!

Welcome to AA and I'm glad you found us! Let's hope that your future adventures are more like a lazy river than a roller coaster.
Lots of information on this site. Look around and explore. There is a decent search function; type in "goldfish" and I am sure you will find many posts full of questions, answers, photos, and discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom