Greetings from Greensboro, NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaydawg53

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! My wife and I recently bought a 10 gallon freshwater for the house. We both had talked about getting a tank for years, and we finally went and bought one from Aquamain's Fish World here in town. (By the way, they are a fantastic fish and reptile store; according to online searching, it's one of the best in all of NC) They've been so helpful in helping us establish our first tank and getting it cycled. If we had simply bought stuff going on what I knew about aquariums, it wouldn't have had a heater, and we probably would have just had a tank full of bettas because they're pretty!

But anyway, our tank finally completed cycling a couple of weeks ago, and we've added a few more fish. I can't remember now what kinds we have, but I know we have a Guorami, a few Tetras, and some other colorful fishies. (I need to look over the receipts to figure out exactly what they are). But, the store always kept us informed abotu which ones will live together. We also added a snail to help take care of the algae that started to form.

We're really gettign into it, and hopefully when we get a bigger house, we'll get a much larger tank. Don't knwo fi I'll ever put the time and money into a saltwater tank, but maybe one day when we have more money...

We also just bougt some 2.5 gallon tanks for our offices, she;s got goldfish and I have bettas. (Don't worry, I put a divider in the tank so they don't kill each other!) It's a real hit at the office, everybody should get a small tank for the office if you don't have one already!

Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot about aquariums from this forum!

J

Oh, and admins, if mentioning the store above is considered advertising, then please feel free to delete. :)

WELCOME TO AA!!

See you in the SW section soon! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom