Greetings from Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teleil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone at AA, as for my first post here i believe the way to go is an introduction post.

My name is Martin im 26 years old and i started a tank 2 months ago. Fishkeeping has been my passion for many years (since kid) but i couldn't afford it at the time, so my first possibility to get a tank i grab it tightly :D

I have an 24 gal/ 90 litter tank for about 2 months and i must say it wasn't easy to get it up and running, as of lack of knowledge and research, rushing up things a bit i have lost some fish and saved some other but i think im on the right way now, giving all my soul and every last penny to make things right in this hobby as it pleases me for the most.

I hope to learn more in this community from more experienced people here and also help out any new starters not to do the mistakes i did.

Apart from fishkeeping im also an gamer and networking engineer.

Greetings to everyone and hopes for a good and fun time on this forums.

Martin

Hello everyone at AA, as for my first post here i believe the way to go is an introduction post.

My name is Martin im 26 years old and i started a tank 2 months ago. Fishkeeping has been my passion for many years (since kid) but i couldn't afford it at the time, so my first possibility to get a tank i grab it tightly :D

I have an 24 gal/ 90 litter tank for about 2 months and i must say it wasn't easy to get it up and running, as of lack of knowledge and research, rushing up things a bit i have lost some fish and saved some other but i think im on the right way now, giving all my soul and every last penny to make things right in this hobby as it pleases me for the most.

I hope to learn more in this community from more experienced people here and also help out any new starters not to do the mistakes i did.

Apart from fishkeeping im also an gamer and networking engineer.

Greetings to everyone and hopes for a good and fun time on this forums.

Martin
Hi Martin and welcome to AA. Always good to have a fellow European
on here.
What set-up do you have....tank size, fish, filters etc??.
Feel free to add some pictures. We always love pictures!!!

Hey there, good to know there is more europeans, maybe we can manage this horrible EU restrictions easyer now. I've been having real troubles to find meds or equipement or what suggested by our fellow fish keepers in the USA because of it.

Im running 24 gallon / 90 litter tank (starter edition :D)
White gravel as substrate
Filtration is 1 submerged Askoll K2 filter and 1 HoB Aquaclear 20, sera 110 air pump and Askoll 100W heater.

Planted with Lobelia Cardinalis, asternanthera reineckii (red leaf),Echinodorus cordifolius (huge center piece plant) and some other kind of high growing plant that i don't know the name of.

At the moment i have 3 grown sailfin mollys, 7 corydoras trilineatus and a month old 14 fry :)

Temp is steady 24 deg celsius, filters turn the water 8 times an hour and both are triple filtration.
For food i use Micro Granules and Flakes mixed during the week, twice a week trow in corytabs for the little underwater cats i have but they all love it, mollies the most :D
Still no CO2 for the plants, but a DIY system is on its way as soon as i fix my ammonia problem, so for now the plants are getting satisfied by fish poop and root tabs but they still grow like crazy.

Its so strange how much information can a person absorb in a certain moment of life when he finds a hobby that fills up all that is missing in there lives :)

edit; will get some nice shots as soon as i find my camera charger and put them on here.

Back
Top Bottom