Greetings from Maine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sinibotia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone!
I've been keeping fish since I was 9 and currently attend university (studying marine science/aquaculture) in Maine. I became stagnant in the hobby for the first 2 years of my degree due to all my tanks being home and restrictions on tank size in my dorm room, but now I'm living off-campus and my landlord has graciously allowed me to set up two 20 gallon tanks and I'm retuning to the hobby with a vengeance! The water up here is quite hard, especially compared to the tap water at my parent's house (which is nearly soft enough for discus out of the tap!) So to take advantage of that, my plan is to use the 2 20 gallons to keep and breed some kind of fish, most likely shell dwellers but possibly kribs instead.I also hope to get back into the wonderful fishkeeping community. I used to be active on a lot of fish sites but as my ability to participate in the hobby stagnated so did my participation in the community. I hope to change that here.

Welcome to AA and welcome back to the hobby. Kribs or shell dwellers is a great idea. They'll be right at home with the hard water.

Back
Top Bottom