Greetings from N.W. Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello to all! first i'm glad to have found this site, i lurked for awhile before joining a few days ago i really like the spirit & vibe here. ok on to the important stuff...
I grew up in a fish hobby family, my grandmother had two 50 gal tanks while i was growing up & some of my fondest memories were of helping her clean the tanks. My mom raised guppies & bettas & sold them to the LFS when she was a kid. I've kept planted tanks since i was a teenager. Currently, i have a 30 gal planted w/ fish, a 30 gal cube planted w/ fish(my favorite) a 20 long planted w/ fish ( this is my live plant grow out tank- for cuttings/rootings).
Yesterday I scored a 65 gal glass bowfront tank for a great price, plus traveled 200 miles in a raging snow squall to get it. Which is a story unto itself -& i "rescued" a slew of fish (most of which i'll be moving to new homes) I got for FREE... 2 large Plecs ( as of yet unidentified species w/unusual colorations) a gorgeous 11" albino Plec, 1 Striped Raphael Catfish, 1 Spotted Raphael Catfish, 5 huge Corydoras(3 pink, 2 Emerald), 2 nice Clown Plecs and my coolest score 3 Borneo Suckermouth Catfish -a.k.a. hill stream loach. I may keep the Raphael Catfish as i study & learn more about them the more i'm liking them, & i 've always wanted some Borneos but haven't seen any for sale in my area in many years. I'm wanting to get into breeding Bristlenose Plecs, but need to learn more until I try this oh & I love planted tanks.
Well i've rattled on enough, in closing I can't wait to share knowledge & learn new things from this site.
Thanks for reading this...wendy

Hello Wendy! I am originally from northern Ohio so I had to respond. :) Welcome to AA! I'm a newbie here as well & I love it.

I had to respond to, I'm live on NW Ohio! Lol welcome aboard:)

Welcome from a former Ohioan, now a North Carolinian. This is a great place to learn and share. Looking forward to seeing your planted tanks. You just cant beat them for the visual impact.

Back
Top Bottom