Greetings from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LjTx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings Ya’ll, I’m Lj, a Girl Geek & an aquarium lover.

I (we) have just rediscovered my love for fish & aquariums. I've had a 29Gal tank for what seems forever, maybe 8 years we’ve been in the house 10 years.

We walked into Petsmart on the 18th and found a 60Gal plus stand that regularly was $350, for PetPerks members $250. We had been talking about getting a bigger tank, so we jumped. The tank is now planted and fish were moved from the 29Gal to the 60Gal on the 22nd. I consider that my established date. Will now establish the 29Gal as a plant tank and who knows after that.

I picked up some plants from Petsmart to get it going but they sure are tiny compared to the size of the tank. We have found a site (aquariumplants.com) that looks good for plants and has a ton of great reviews. We will be ordering from them in the near future. The ones I did pick up at Petsmart were in single containers so no worries of snails.

I’m looking forward to getting to know ya’ll and learning from you as well.

Lj

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome. Not to discourage you but some of the plants they sell at petsmart are not true aquatic plants. You might want to do a google search on the ones you have or just post a question here.

Thanks ChizerBunoi, I did that when I got home. There is one that is borderline on if it will work or not. So far not dead but I won't be shocked it if starts. Leaves on it remind me of a Peace Lily and I do have new leaves developing on 1 of them (there were 2 in the package). Just have to wait for time to tell.

Back
Top Bottom