Greetings from the new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manofmagnum

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, excited to broaden my aquarium education from fellow aquarists. I currently have a 75 gallon planted setup. Heavily planted, 30 neons, 7 blue rams ( 5 female, 2 male) 2 Kribs ( both female) 5 serpae tetras, 3 lemons, 2 albino bushynose plecos, 4 ottos, 3 angels and 4 discus. My plants are well versed from giant amazon swords and melon swords to crypts and dwarf hairgrass.

Welcome to AA! I'm loving your stock! Have you bred any of the blue rams? Hope you like the site so far!

Welcome to AA! I'm loving your stock! Have you bred any of the blue rams? Hope you like the site so far!

I do breed the rams, they spawn all the time but there is alot of sabotage that goes on between the rams lol, i have a 20 gallon breeder set up with pure R/O water and a hydro-sponge. I usually trade them to my local fish store for frozen foods, prime, flourish, and R/O water. Yes love the site, absolutely what I needed, love learning from others!:thanks:

Yes, welcome to the site! I am quite jealous of your rams. My tap water is very hard and quite alkaline so I would have to purchase an RO unit if I wanted to have any.

Yes, welcome to the site! I am quite jealous of your rams. My tap water is very hard and quite alkaline so I would have to purchase an RO unit if I wanted to have any.

Really anyone can do it, my tap water is 8.6, liquid rock lol. I started by going to my local fish store and picked up 20 gallons at a time of R/O water and slowly brought my PH down. Over the course of about a month I got my PH down to 6.0 with a GH of around 3.5, this ensures the eggs hatch. I have successfully breed and hatched blue ram spawn in my tap water with a much smaller yield. I'm really a firm believer anyone can do anything, rams are very very easy to breed, just give them the natural surroundings and they're like guppies lol

Back
Top Bottom